Thursday, October 4, 2012

Barbeque Meatloaf

This was one of my all time favorite main dishes of my grandma's.  Most people that ate it would comment, "I don't really care for meatloaf but, I sure do love this meatloaf!"  Before you throw out the idea of eating meatloaf all together try this recipe out and see if it changes your mind!

Ingredients:

1/2 pounds ground beef
1 cup Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing
1 onion, diced
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 (8 ounce cans) tomato sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar
4 tablespoons brown sugar
3 Tablespoons yellow mustard
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

All the ingredients ready to go!  Now I doubled the recipe because I fed my brother's family as well this night.  
 I use my Kitchen aid mixer just to make my life easier but you can always do it with a spoon, by hand, handheld mixer, etc.  

Add beef, Pepperidge Farm stuffing, Onion, egg, salt, pepper, 1 8oz can tomato sauce, 1 Tablespoon Brown sugar, 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard, and 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce to mixing bowl.  Mix it up until everything is mixed together.  
 I did not get a picture of the sauce so just imagine.  in seperate bowl mix 1 8oz can tomato sauce, 3 tablespoons vinegar, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons yellow mustard, and 2 tablespoons worsteshire sauce.  

Mold meatloaf into loaf in pie pan. I choose a pie pan over a loaf pan because it gives the sauce room to spread out and makes the meatloaf juicier.  Pour sauce over top.  Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until meat is done in center.
 Finnished product makes me hungry just looking at it!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment